Product

How your money is spent

Your support is changing lives

The products in our Gifts in Action charity gifts range showcase just some of the ways we work with communities across the world to save lives and help women and girls rebuild for the future. All of the gifts you see are taken from real life examples of our work and we refresh them regularly to ensure they're up to date and relevant.

When you buy a Gifts in Action charity gift, a percentage of your donation will be allocated to one of four project areas - defined by the product category. The categories are explained below:

Combat coronavirus:

Money raised from gifts in this category will go to ActionAid's Coronavirus Emergency appeal. This fund supports our work responding to the pandemic around the world - providing essential protective equipment and tools so we can stop the spread and save lives. 90% of your gift is reserved for the Coronavirus Emergency appeal fund and 10% of your total donation will go to our Emergency Action fund to support any additional emergencies, so that we are able to respond quickly and effectively.

Emergency gifts - Emergency response & Back to school:

Money raised from gifts in this category will be distributed to ActionAid's Emergency Action Fund (80%). The fund is reserved solely for our work in emergencies, ensuring we are ready to respond quickly with aid and support when the worst happens. The remaining 20% of your gift will help us maintain and administer our Gifts in Action, find more supporters like you, and react to wherever the need is greatest in our worldwide work.

Beehives to thrive:

Purchasing a gift in this category will help farmers in Kenya receive the training and tools they need to set up beekeeping businesses, so that they are able to support their families and protect the natural environment. 80% of your gift from the Beehives to thrive category will fund beekeeping projects in Kenya. The remaining 20% of your gift will help us maintain and administer our Gifts in Action, find more supporters like you, and react to wherever the need is greatest in our worldwide work.

Farmyard friends:

All gifts purchased in this category will fund our livestock projects in Burundi and help ensure food and financial security for women and their families. 80% of your gift will go to the Burundi livestock fund and the remaining 20% owill help us maintain and administer our Gifts in Action, find more supporters like you, and react to wherever the need is greatest in our worldwide work.

Stand with Women:

Money raised from gifts in this category go to ActionAid's general fund which supports our work with women and girls all around the world. Our dedicated local staff are changing the world with women and girls. We are ending violence and fighting poverty so that all women, everywhere, can create the future they want.

At the checkout you can also choose for your donation to support any of ActionAid's work right across the world. This could be providing food and water during an emergency, training women in business skills or tackling child marriage. This greater flexibility enables us to be reactive and reach those where the need is greatest.

You can be sure that all money raised from Gifts in Action will provide lasting change to people living in extreme poverty. We're hugely grateful for your support.